Department of Information Technology envisions to create groomed, technically
sound and skilled intellectual IT professionals to cater to the current demands
of the modern IT Industry.
1. To facilitate advanced quality education in Information Technology.
2. To provide a conducive atmosphere for students and faculty to engage in continuous learning to investigate, apply, and transfer knowledge.
3. To provide need-based, quality training in the field of Information Technology.
4. To maintain state-of-the-art facilities and laboratories for the students and faculty, which can help them enhance their understanding of technology.
5. To provide students with the tools to become productive, participating global citizens and lifelong learners.
6. To connect the students to the Professional dimensions of the IT Sector and make them competent to make a career in it.
PEO1: Graduates will be employable and
achieve success in their chosen career.
PEO2: Graduates learn and adapt themselves to the constantly evolving technology by pursuing higher studies or research.
PEO3: Graduates will have exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies; will have adequate training, effective communication skills, leadership qualities and opportunities to work as team members on multidisciplinary projects.
PEO4: Graduates will use their understanding of professional, ethical and social responsibilities, the nature and background of diverse cultures and the importance of life-long learning in the conduct of their professional practices.
PEO5: Graduates will acquire core competency in various technical aspects of Computer Science & Engineering according to the requirement of industrial development and socio-economical needs.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of
mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering
specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the contemporary
PSO2: Possess professional skill and knowledge of software design process.
|S.No||Name Of laboratory|
|1||Digital Electronics Lab|
|2||COA & Microprocessor Lab|
|3||Computer Networks Lab|
|4||Software Lab (Programming in JAVA)|
|5||Data Structures Lab|
|6||Database Management System Lab|
|7||Operating System (UNIX) Lab|
|8||Virtual Lab (IoT Lab)|
|9||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Lab|
|10||Software Engineering & Project Management Lab|
|11||Principle of Communication System Lab|
|12||Computer Graphics & Data Visualization Lab|
|13||Mobile Application Development (Android) Lab|
|14||Web Application Development Lab|
|15||Cryptography & Network Security Lab|
|16||Cloud Computing Lab|
Information Technology (IT) is the application of technology to solve organizational and business problems. This field of engineering uses computers, networks, storage, and other technical infrastructure both hardware and software, to deal with and manipulate information/data. Information Technology (IT) professionals are adept with the latest emerging technologies, arriving at the most optimal (consuming least time and effort) solutions to any technical issues that may arise, small-scale or large.
Future for IT Engineers
HIGHER STUDIES: M.TECH in IT | Master of Business Administration (MBA) | Master of Computer Application (MCA) | Master of Science in IT (Abroad).
GOVERNMENT/ PUBLIC SECTOR: Center for Development of Advance Computing (CDAC) | Steel Authority of India (SAIL) | Coal India Limited (CIL) | National Informatics Centre (NIC) | Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO).
PRIVATE SECTOR: HCL | INFOSYS | DELL | IBM | WIPRO | TCS | COGNIZANT and many more...
Job Titles for Information Technology Engineers
Maintenance Engineer | Software Developer | System Engineer | IT Analyst | Programmer | Support Specialist | Computer Programmer | Web Developer | Network Engineer | Database Administrator.
|S.No||Faculty ID||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification|
|1||CSIT2008007||Mr. Prabhas Kumar Gupta||Head of Department||M. Tech. (Instrumentation & Control), Ph.D.(P)|
|2||CSIT2008002||Mr. Shashikant Agrawal||Assistant Professor||M. E.(Communication), Ph. D. (P)|
|3||CSIT2019005||Mrs. Shweta Mishra||Assistant Professor||M. Tech. (P)|
|4||CSIT2008004||Mr. Shailendra Kr. Dewangan||Assistant Professor||M. Tech.(Communication)|
|5||CSIT2009005||Ms. Neelam Dewangan||Assistant Professor||M. Tech.(Communication)|
© Copyright 2021 CSIT Powered by CSIT Group