impart knowledge and excellence in Civil Engineering technology with global
perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to
bring forth Civil Engineers of high Calibre, Technical Skills and Ethical
values to serve the society and nation. To make the department a centre of
excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research. To provide
knowledge and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil
engineering. To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of
budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
To develop abilities and talents, leading to creativity and productivity in
professional and industrial field beyond the curriculum and thus enhance the
PEO2: To promote lifelong self-learning abilities for gaining multidisciplinary knowledge through projects and industrial training to meet the social needs.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the
knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering
specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Plan, design, execute, operate and maintain civil engineering projects within
specified time, cost and quality.
PSO2: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
|S.No||Name Of laboratory|
|1||Fluid Mechanics Lab|
|3||Material Testing Lab|
|4||Surveying Field Work Lab|
|5||Structural Engineering Drawing Lab|
|7||Water Resources Engineering Drawing Lab|
|8||Civil Engineering Drawing Lab|
|10||Geotechnical Engineering Lab|
|11||Numerical Methods of Computer Programming (NMCP) Lab|
|12||Environment Engineering Lab|
|13||Quantity Surveying & Cost Evaluation Lab|
|14||Computer Applications in Civil Lab|
Civil Engineers plan, design, construct and manage construction projects. The projects span from various domains including transportation, water supply and waste management, estate planning and even taking up offshore projects. Civil Engineers assume two roles, that of a consultant and a contractor. A consultant works with the client to plan, design and manage the projects. A contractor supervises the construction and manages the project on ground level to turn plans into realities.
Here is the list of specialization to choose from
The Career Opportunities are:
· Public service in civil engineering
· Government-operated enterprise
· Domestic, Foreign Construction & Engineering Co., LTD
· Field of maintenance and management of infrastructures
· Research Centre for Civil and Environmental Engineering
· Further studies in graduate school
· Teaching in universities
· Experts in international organizations
|S.No||Faculty ID||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Experience|
|1||00528||Prof. Gurmeet Singh Vij||Associate Professor and Head||M.TECH [Environmental Engg.] Ph.D (Pursuing)||20 Years|
|2||07279||Mr. Ritesh Kumar Kamble||Assistant Professor||M.Tech [Water Resource Engg.]||6 Years|
|3||09068||Mr. Anmol Bhardwaj||Assistant Professor||B.E.||4 Years|
|4||10305||Mr. Praveen Mahapatra||Assistant Professor||M.TECH [Structural Engg.] (Pursuing)||3 Years|
|5||10301||Ms. Anuradha||Assistant Professor||B.E.||2 Years|
|6||10306||Mr. Shubham Chandrakar||Assistant Professor||B.E.||2 Years|
© Copyright 2021 CSIT Powered by CSIT Group