INSTITUTE VISION : To nurture world class intellectual growth by imparting High Quality, Futuristic Technical Education to emerge as one of the best technical institutes, to serve the mankind
DEPARTMENTAL VISION : “To impart high quality education in Mechatronics Engineering to develop leaders in industry, teaching, research, and entrepreneurship and to transform into responsible global citizens.”
INSTITUTE MISSION : To create inspiring environment that will be most suited for Research, Creativity and Innovation. Providing quality technical education at par with global standards. To accomplish National Centre of Excellence in collaboration with Industry. To establish international alliances and collaborations with foreign universities to achieve global excellence.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEOs)
PEO1: The programme will prepare graduates with strong team skills to solve multi disciplinary problems using Mechatronics approach.
PEO2: The programme will prepare graduates to synergistically integrate mechanical engineering with electronic and intelligent computer control in the design and manufacture of industrial products and processes.
PEO3: Prepare Graduates to be Effective Engineers with Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skill to Innovate, Research and Develop in a Multidisciplinary Environment.
PEO4: Aid Graduates to Acquire Professional Ethics and Oral, Written and Graphical Communication Skills.
PEO5: Create Awareness of Societal and the Environmental Implications and make them Suitable for Engineering Career in Industries as well as for Pursuing higher Studies
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME(PSOs)
PSO1:An ability to apply their knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, design, fluid, thermal, industrial engineering and advanced technologies in solving engineering problems for the benefits of society.
PSO2: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
1. Area of application in varied fields like systems in automotive, aerospace, medical, materials processing, automated manufacturing of robotic system.
2. Actively organizes robotic workshops thereby providing technical skills.
3. Linkage with the industries in Pune & Mumbai for automation.
4. Directed Study through research is implementation to improve the programming skill of the students.
5. Students guided for the development of Software as well as encouraged for participation in Seminars and workshop.
6. Well maintained departmental library furnished with all kinds of books.
7. Wi-Fi enabled campus.
8. In- house Software Development for Institute usage.
9. Renowned software and hardware companies are invited to conduct in-house short term courses on latest emerging technologies for students.
10. Well maintained departmental library with all kinds of reference books.
The Department has fully equipped Robotics Lab, Strength of Material, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, Autotronics, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Microprocessor and Interfaces and Flexible Manufacturing Systems Labs with the state of art facility. The exposure to the latest software in Hydraulics and Pneumatics also adds to the knowledge.
Futuristic Association of Mechatronics Engineers (FAME)
Futuristic Association Of Mechatronics Engineers, the professional body of Mechatronics Engineering organized its refreshing event,” NAVODAYA-13” on 28th July 2013 in college campus. The main aim of the event was to give a demonstration to the juniors of 3rd semester about the on goings activities of department and their interaction with their seniors.