The Department of Applied Mathematics in Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology, Durg comprises of qualified, trained and dedicated team of faculty. The Department of Applied Mathematics is the base of all engineering branches and the department of mathematics seeks to build up the foundation of technical education by imparting mathematics teaching of high order. The faculty, with a dedication to teaching, compliments one another with diverse strengths and interests such as applied mathematics, statistics, mathematical research, and the utility of mathematical reasoning in real world problem. The faculty of the Department is actively involved in research activity. The major thrust is in the area of Mathematical modeling in Celestial Mechanics, Functional analysis and Fuzzy logic and Relativity We offer our students’ academic challenges along with support to help them succeed. We encourage them to develop problem-solving abilities which transcend the confines of the field of mathematics.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEOs)
PEO1: Graduates shall apply principles of machine design, production and thermal engineering and management concepts to identity, formulate and solve the real life problems during their successful career in Mechanical and allied Engineering.
PEO2: Graduates shall have technical ability along with good communication, ethical values and team spirit and shall apply modern tools and techniques to provide solutions for environmental and social issues.
PEO3: Graduates shall opt for higher education or research through continuous learning.
PEO4: Graduates shall excel in the operational areas of the industries, as entrepreneurs by applying manufacturing and management practices.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME(PSOs)
PSO1:An ability to apply their knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, design, fluid, thermal, industrial engineering and advanced technologies in solving engineering problems for the benefits of society.
PSO2: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
1. Highly qualified and dedicated experienced faculty.
2. Guest lectures are conducted by the software company Experts.
3. Short term Courses are organized for the students to make them acquainted them with emerging software development approach.
4. Directed Study through research is implementation to improve the programming skill of the students.
5. Students guided for the development of Software as well as encouraged for participation in Seminars and workshop.
6. Well maintained departmental library furnished with all kinds of books.
7. Wi-Fi enabled campus.
8. In- house Software Development for Institute usage.
9. Renowned software and hardware companies are invited to conduct in-house short term courses on latest emerging technologies for students.
10. Well maintained departmental library with all kinds of reference books.
The Department has fully equipped state of art labs with Latest Software packages with Campus license from Microsoft systems with configuration of P IV 2.8 GHZ and 3GHz Dual core processor with 2GB and 4 GB RAM Few labs are Interface Design Lab , Software Development Lab , SQL and Data management Lab , R & D Lab .
Building Route of Information Technology [BRITE]
Building Route of Information Technology Engineers ‘BRITE’ is a student body of Information Technology department The objective of BRITE is to provide a arena to cultivate various technical and extracurricular activities like workshop and Guest lecture on numerous new technologies, Sports, Cultural events, etc. The Association’s motto is to develop inner qualities of students in various fields according to their talent. This year association organized various activities such as Guest lecture, extracurricular activities as well as organizes and conducts various program and activities. Motto of BRITE association is overall development of student in all aspects of life, it teaches the student intra as well as inter group communication and work culture.
© Copyright 2020 CSIT Powered by CSIT Group